Make Python / XML code development more testable. For now, Python scripts may be implemented and tested "in vivo" only. You need a running VyOS 1.2 and develop your code right there, on the router with no IDE support. This may be solvable by making a lightweight framework of scripts ("in vitro"), files, directory structure to be copied to an Eclipse Pydev project which enables the dev to:
- make code under development read a custom config.boot (running config mockup)
- make a in-Python representation of it
- debug code handling / manipulating this representation
- investigate the script output (for ex: the generated service config file, firewall ruleset, etc)
- investigate the chain of commands generated by the Python script to implement these config changes to VyOS.